We won't be beaten on price and quality
We can provide a complete service from design through to completion. For loft conversions we take care of any planning and building regulations, so there's no hassle for you. What's more, we provide a fixed price quotation so you can be confident that there won’t be any nasty surprises once the work has begun. We subcontract our service to other company's, so cut out the middle man and get the best possible price. Contact me for a free quotation.
Our experienced team are here to guide you through your loft conversion…
A loft conversion for your house is considered to be permitted development, not requiring an application for planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:
- A volume allowance of 40 cubic metres additional roof space for terraced houses*
- A volume allowance of 50 cubic metres additional roof space for detached and semi-detached houses*
- No extension beyond the plane of the existing roof slope of the principal elevation that fronts the highway
- No extension to be higher than the highest part of the roof
- Materials to be similar in appearance to the existing house
- No verandas, balconies or raised platforms
- Side-facing windows to be obscure-glazed; any opening to be 1.7m above the floor
- Roof extensions not to be permitted development in designated areas**
- Roof extensions, apart from hip to gable ones, to be set back, as far as practicable, at least 20cm from the original eaves
- The roof enlargement cannot overhang the outer face of the wall of the original house.